One of the goals on my 30 before 30 list was to write 10 things that I was thankful for every month, but a while ago I stopped doing it. I just let the time go and got busy with other responsibilities, and pretty much forgot about the importance of completing all those goals on my list. I recently realized that lately I had been feeling a little crankier and that an important part of that was because I was not taking the time to stop, see and enjoy the good things surrounding me. So, I think now that this monthly list is not only a mere goal but more like a mindfulness exercise, to be present and aware, and value more everything that makes me happy.
So May goes like this:
- Jason finished the program that he was studying and we were finally able to relax a little bit.
- We celebrated his birthday at home. He decided he wanted to buy a bunch of exotic ingredients to cook, so I guess soon I will be sharing new recipes.
- I asked for holidays at work and had a week off.
- We went on a short trip to an amazing place 5 hours away from Lima called Las Dunas and had a beautiful time there.
- I was Mother’s Day and I am couldn’t be more thankful for the amazing mom I have and my sweet mother-in-law.
- I finally received my visa!! So no more paperwork for me (at least for a while). We will be visiting soon :).
- I started taking jewelry classes and I absolutely love the. I will post some pictures as soon as I have more pieces finished, but I can say I am having a great time.
- I’m feeling really proud of Jason, who ran his first half marathon.
- I had the chance to get together with some really good friends that I hadn’t seen in a while and I will make sure we get together more often.
- I am back and have a plan, and I’m just happy about it.
I hope all of you had a great month!
See you tomorrow.