The weather is starting to change here in Perú, and although we still have some hot days, the nights are getting a little colder and soups began to be a good choice for dinner. Today I made mushroom soup and want to share the recipe with you.
Homemade Mushroom Soup:
– 300gr. of mushrooms (I had oyster, crimini and dried porcini)
– 2 Tbs Butter
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 yellow onion (medium size)
– 1 cup dry white wine (you can use a dry red as well)
– 4 cups of broth (it can be chicken, beef or vegetable)
– 1/2 cup cream
– 1/2 cup of water
– 2 Tbs cornstarch
– 1 bay leaf – salt and pepper to taste
– cheese / cilantro as a topping
1.Chop the mushrooms, garlic, and onion and have them ready to go. Right before you are done start heating a pan and melt the butter, add the mushrooms, garlic, and bay leaf, and let them brown for 3 minutes. When they are ready, add the onion and cook for another 3 minutes.
2. Add the wine, stir and let it reduce for about 5 minutes. After that, you can add the broth and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. At last, add the cream, dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/2 cup of water and incorporate to the soup until you find the right consistency.
4. Now this one is up to you. You can serve the soup immediately or you can blend it a little and make it creamier. Once you serve it, top it with cheese and cilantro and enjoy!
Hope you try this recipe. It is extremely easy to make, very tasty, and a good way to stay warm.
So, Bon Appetit!